First Quantum Minerals Ltd., Zambiya’daki küçük bir mineral operasyonundan, 20 yıldan daha kısa bir sürede global portföyünde Avrupa, Afrika, Avustralya ve Güney Amerika’da yer alan bakır ve nikel varlıkları bulunan çok uluslu bir maden şirketine dönüşmüştür. Bu olağanüstü büyüme, yaptıkları her şeyde daha Cesur, daha Akıllı ve daha Hırslı olmayı hedefleyen FQM çalışanlarının eseridir.
Mart 2013’te, First Quantum Minerals, Finlandiya, İspanya ve Türkiye’deki madenlerinden bakır ve çinko elde eden ve ayrıca Panama’da yer alan ve Cobre Panama olarak bilinen, geliştirme aşamasındaki büyük bir bakır yatağına sahip bir Kanada şirketi olan Inmet Mining Corporation’ı satın almıştır. First Quantum ve Inmet varlıklarının kombinasyonu, 5 kıtada 8 ülkeye yayılmış geliştirme projelerinden ve coğrafi olarak farklı yerlere dağılmış yüksek kaliteli operasyonlardan oluşan, rizikoları dağılmış bir portföyü ortaya çıkarmıştır.
Beş yıl içinde yıllık 1.3 milyon bakır üretme üzerine kurulmuş stratejik planıyla şirket, büyük, itibarlı ve tek bir alanda uzmanlaşmış bir bakır üreticisi ve dünyadaki en büyük beş bakır üreticisinden biri olmaya hazırlanmaktadır.
Key Accountabilities and Challenges
• Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
• Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
• Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
• Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
• Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
• Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
• Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
• Understand business needs and objectives
• Develop strategies for effective data analysis and reporting
• Define company-wide metrics and relevant data sources
• Select, configure and implement analytics solutions
• Performing detailed analysis and identifying trends defined in the requirements such as weekly, quarterly and annual trends for customer churn.
• Identifying patterns and helping the business react to changing business conditions.
• Performing root cause analysis.
• Identifying data anomalies and communicating back to the data stewards.
• Presenting results to the business unit leader.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
· Bachelor Degree in a relevant discipline
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Strong ability to work in a "team" environment.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to maintain self-discipline within a stressful environment.
· Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
· Advance knowledge of Microsoft package
· Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
· Knowledge of BI and analytics.
· Knowledge of structured data, such as entities, classes, hierarchies, relationships and metadata.
· Knowledge of database systems including basic SQL querying.
· Ability to combine data from multiple sources when needed for the analysis.
· Ability to perform data validation.
· Familiarity with the use cases, business purposes and quality of the data.
· Attention to detail.
· Minimum 5 years as Data Analyst (desirable)
· Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst.
· Three years’ Experience in the mining sector
Fluency in English is good and proficiency in Spanish highly regarded. A willingness to undertake language training desirable.
· Ability to maintain composure under stressful situations and conflicting priorities while providing leadership and direction
· Ability to work effectively under pressure, remaining on track and compensating for variances.
· Vision to perceive risks and opportunities with superior decision-making ability to act on these accordingly.
· Ability to develop solutions in challenging environment.
· Strength in cultural adaptability
· Actively live the FQM leadership values.
Safety and Environment
· Participate and contribute to safe practice and environmental awareness.
· Ensure all Safety and Environmental incidents are addressed & reported promptly.
· Demonstrate personal commitment in regard to safety and environmental practices.
· Identification of potential hazards and action that is appropriately taken.
· Maintenance of a high standard of efficiency, safety and effectiveness.
Raising, discussion and resolution of safety issues at regular meetings