Central Maintenance - Planning Coordinator
Requisition Number: 498066
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama
Categories: Construction, Engineering, Process, Projects, Port, Power Plant
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Role and Responsibilities
• To provide central site based support to the maintenance and repairs team in relation to developing work packs focused on preservation and refurbishment work across all areas of this project.
• Develop work packages for routine maintenance of all mechanical and electrical equipment on site.
• Estimated duration and manpower loading for all steps of the work for maintenance scheduling.
• Establish a complete list of tools and equipment required.
• Develop and provide a complete list of spare parts and material required including storage location.
• Responsible for processing all incoming work requests from any source.
• Assist with the prioritising of work, prepare a schedule based on resource availability, assign appropriate work package or develop package if needed.
• Monitor work in progress and work completion, close out each work request after successful return to service of equipment.
• Serve as chief scheduler for all site maintenance work including preservation works, routine maintenance activities and emergency repairs.
• Assist in forecasting needs and order required parts, materials, tools and equipment for planned maintenance activities.
• Maintain complete equipment files, maintenance logs and drawings for all equipment.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
• Excellent organisational and communication skills required.
• Good understanding of industry best practices relating to planning and scheduling.
• Computer literate with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Trained and skilled in Primavera P6 or Microsoft project
• 3 years or more satisfactory experience as a work planner in a power plant or complex industrial facility.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now