Project Engineer and Scheduler
Requisition Number: 498235
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
Categories: Operations / General Management, Projects
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Update and maintain the overall plan for operations readiness at the Cobre Panama project;
- Work with business process managers to deliver the specific operations readiness workstreams;
- Compile and manage the budget for the operations readiness plan based on manhours and associated costs;
- Monitor and coordinate the progress and schedule for specific operations readiness workstreams and manage interfaces between them;
- Report on progress and milestones for each of the operations readiness workstreams;
- Escalate any risks or issues and push them through to resolution.
- Any other duties as per GM and PM's instructions
- Technical or Planning qualification NTC4
- Project Management Qualification an advantage
- Spanish would be advantageous
- Minimum of 8 years experience in a scheduling, planning type role or role that requires significant coordination across disciplines
- Demonstrated capacity in planning project Management dealing with multiple stakeholders in an foreign / expat construction environment
- Previous involvement in mining and preferably mining start up construction and planning
- Detailed schedule management will have been a cornerstone in managing complexity success
- Demonstrated group leadership from multiple disciplines and facilitation skills
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Team player and results orientated
- Strong business accumen
- Highly motivated & driven
- Methodological and organized
- Relate and communicate to people on all levels
- Good Problem Solving ability & Patient attitude
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now