Trainer/Assessor, Engineering - Control and Instrumentation
Requisition Number: 498297
Contract Type: On-going
Location: Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi)
Categories: Mining, Process, Engineering
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
1. Planning, Scheduling and Delivery
- Planning development and delivery of integrated competence based training programs
- Providing and supporting training to agreed schedule
- conducting training needs analyses as required and ensuring validity of training programs
- Participate in recruitment and interviewing of learners
- Forwarding relevant documents and records appropriately
- Compiling and submitting clear and detailed instructions and report
- Developing and implementing a specialist control & instrumentation assessment system/ programme to assess previously gained training and certification. Includes the documentation of the standards to be used and the recording and retention of assessments completed.
- Undertaking initial assessments of new learners with no prior training/learning.
- Identify learners ability, preferred learner styles, knowledge gaps and learning support needs through assessments and observation.
- Supervising learners in the learning environment and considering the health and safety and safe working practices of that environment.
- Plan and schedule appropriate re-assessments in line with operational mandatory requirements
- Provision of expert technical support and advice when required to the engineering department staff.
- Provision of ongoing technical support to employees who have received training.
- Continuously seeking out technical advice from and working with other training organizations and OEM's to ensure a win win situation that provides the sentinel team with appropriate ongoing support
- Co-operating with visiting lectures and external trainers
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement in all training activities by encouraging and providing input on process and support to all trainees,
- Actively driving section activities.
- Participate in planning meetings , toolbox meetings and any other activities as necessary to promote excellence in communications by fostering a learning environment
- Participate in the continuous development of learning resources/ materials in collaborating with other team members
Experience & Skills:
- Relevant trade qualification
- Full and extensive knowledge and understanding of Siemens PCS 7 and Profibus networks including measurements and control systems for levels, pressure, temperatures, weights, densities and relevant work experience in support of this
- Valid drivers license
- Extensive training experience in the same or similar position.(mining)
- Demonstrable experience in training package development and learning systems.
- Experience with developing and implementing training programmes from inception is distinct advantage.
Practical/ Specialist skills:
- Proficiency in computer skills ( word processing, spreadsheet presentation, database etc)
- Clear and concise report writing skills
- Previous experience with large training organisation will be well regarded
- Outstanding organisational and leadership skills
- Conversant with all relevant health and safety matters
Advertised: FLE Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now