Requisition Number: 498436
Contract Type: Fixed Term
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
This holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function. The successful candidate will be comprehensively trained in the process of Conveyor Belt Hot Splicing (Vulcanising)
- Safe Transportation of Conveyor Belts up to 15tons
- Safely pull conveyors into position
- Changeout of worn conveyor belts.
- Identifying and implementing Improvements in the Process Plant
- Conveyor Belt hot splicing and repairs
- Mechanical maintenance of conveyor systems, rollers, tracking frames, scrapers and plows.
- Other duties as instructed by the Supervisor
- Artisan Rigging Certificate
- A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
- Minimum 2 years' experience in mine site rigging, preferable transportation of large rolls of conveyor belts
- Must have extensive knowledge of mechanical conveyor systems including drives and gearboxes, drive pulleys, tracking frames and bend pulleys.
- Hot Splicing Vulcanizing of conveyor belts (desirable)
- Bold initiative
- Thinking safely
- Upholding quality
- Technical Skill
- Driving quantity
- Driving attendance with a hands on approach, dynamic, drive
- Standby work required
- Overtime when necessary
- Exposure to dust, heat, noise and chemicals
- PC Literacy
Advertised: FLE Standard Time
Applications close: FLE Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now