Requisition Number: 498437
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
Categories: Information Technology
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Installation and maintenance of Rajant Mesh networking equipment on mining fleet.
- Maintenance and set up of Rajant backhaul mobile trailers.
- Installation and maintenance of Mine Star CMPD, HIM, TPI and Navigator units.
- Installation and maintenance of HPGPS units for drills and shovels.
- Installation and maintenance of Mining two-way radio systems.
- Installation and maintenance of fatigue and safety management systems, these include but are not limited to DSS fatigue management, CCTV, and collision detection.
- Preventative maintenance on all systems.
COMPETENCIES AND SPECIFIC SKILLS
- Minimum 3 years' experience within ITC support.
- Good understanding of wireless networking.
- Good understanding of electrical circuits.
- Good understanding of low precession and high precession GPS technology.
- Previous two-way radio systems support (advantage).
- Previous fleet management support (advantage).
QUALITIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- Works well with others within a team environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Detail Oriented
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now