Engineer, Mechanical ( Commissioning - 2 x 150MW Coal Fired Power Station )
Requisition Number: 498512
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama
Categories: Construction, Engineering, Power Plant, Projects
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We are currently building a 2 x 150 MW coal fired power plant and are searching for a Mechanical Engineer to ensure a smooth start up.
- Ensure project quality requirements are met.
- Identify commissioning priorities and manage the interfaces between mechanical completion / pre commissioning and commissioning requirements.
- Prepare all SMP commissioning work packs, drawings, procedures
- Responsible for preparing the schedule of the mechanical commissioning activities
- Monitor and report progress of the SMP commissioning work scope.
- Ensure that the work is being executed in accordance with the work packs, specifications and instructions and monitor commissioning progress.
- Ensure that all engineering and work preparation activities are carried out with due regard to safe working practice, safety of personnel and the integrity of the installation.
- Preparation of weekly and monthly management reports
- Identify all vendors required for the commissioning and organise the vendor plan
- Monitor all SMP 3rd party vendors
- A strong background in successfully commissioning these size power plants
- Proven ability to manage teams.
- Strong commitment to zero harm
- Excellent communication and time management skills
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now