Central Maintenance - Maintenance and Repair Shop Superintendent (Projects)
Requisition Number: 499695
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama
Categories: Construction, Engineering, Process, Projects, Port, Power Plant
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
To lead a team / section responsible for all Field repairs, OEM Works repairs and Preservation activities for the life of the project across all areas during construction and commissioning.
Areas include Port, Power Station, Mineral Processing Plant and equipment include all mechanical, electrical and instrumentation equipment and spares required during construction and commissioning stage.
Essential tasks of the successful candidate:
• Develop and establish condition assessment and preservation plans based on procurement and shipping schedules for life of the project.
• Be responsible for field repair work during the construction period to commissioning and handover; pre and post installation.
• Interface with engineering and vendor groups to obtain all preservation data and processes and ensure conformity to these standards.
• Supervise the preservation works of both the field repairs team and preservation team.
• Manage the movement of equipment and goods to planned storage areas.
• Ensure all maintenance and field repairs are done to specification.
• Ensure proper record keeping of all repair work.
• Provide leadership and setting clear expectations with an emphasis on safety, environmental responsibility and operational responsibility.
• Manage the Preservation and Field Repair Teams.
• Build relationships and work closely with the Construction, Commissioning and Logistics teams.
• Ensure there is a material preservation program across site.
• Work and coordinate with procurement, logistics, engineering, and vendors to ensure that proper preservation procedures and requirements are put in place to assure that all material related construction schedules are met.
• Manage the preservation team and repairs team to ensure compliance with storage, preservation and protection requirements of all equipment and spare components; pre and post installation.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now