Lead Mine Technology Technician
Requisition Number: 499748
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
Categories: Construction, Mine Geology, Mining, Procurement and Logistics
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- A tertiary qualification from a recognized institution.
- Previous experience managing and monitoring of large scale mesh networks.
- Previous experience configuring, installing and maintaining FMS systems hardware.
- Previous experience configuring, installing and maintaining Motorola Digital two-way radio systems.
- Knowledge of MS Office especially Word and Excel.
- Able to work with minimal supervision and to take ownership of their area, being prepared to work unsocial hours to maintain the FMS hardware and network systems if required.
- Strong leadership capabilities and able to work with local teams, ability to train, teach and mentor national staff.
- Ability to predict forthcoming problems, consult with senior managers and takes corrective actions.
- Good communication skills
- Bilingual abilities (Spanish and English) will be advantageous.
- Able to work effectively in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Having an excellent safety record.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now