Server and Desktop Engineer
Requisition Number: 499772
Contract Type: On-going
Location: Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi)
Categories: Information Technology, Mining
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Manage and provide systems administration services including designing, building, tuning and backup and recovery for Windows System.
- Provide IT Technical expertise to applications developers, operations and other IT staff for systems development and production support.
- Provide technical expertise to IT staff in the design and development of infrastructure systems to ensure a robust and stable environment.
- Participate in formulating and implementing IT Standards and policies to support the operational environment
- Develop all supporting technical documentation to facilitate consistency and quality of installations, system upgrades and recovery/repair
- Develop and implement processes to assist with problem management, change management and performance monitoring to support effective operational management.
- Adhere to and implement Group ICT standards and policies
- Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor
- To effectively and efficiently develop, maintain and optimise server infrastructure
- Effectively contribute to positive team performance and achievement of business targets
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Equivalent
- Ability to cope with work pressure
- Must be thorough and pay attention to detail
- Must be self-motivated and confident
- Should have good written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a good team player
- Must exhibit strong task and time management skills
- Ensure the application of best practice with regard to database management in the environment to provide stable and robust infrastructure
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 5 years' experience managing high availability Systems, Databases and Networks
- Network Server 2003/2008/2012
- Knowledge of Microsoft Hyper V or VMware Esxi5.x
- Windows Exchange Server 2007/2010/2013
- In-depth knowledge of IIS and Windows 7 and 8 Operating Systems including management of Proxy Services
- Knowledge of Fibre Storage Area Network systems and HP Data protector and other backup solutions
- Knowledge and experience of disaster recovery systems and processes
- Data Centre Management experience – including knowledge of and experience relevant Data Centre standards and Best Practices
- Extensive demonstration of high level experience with solid track record of planning, coordinating , and delivering multiple, complex programs towards successful delivery.
- Experience of ITIL service management (advantageous)
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
Advertised: FLE Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now