Mine Production - Advisor
Requisition Number: 499827
Contract Type: On-going
Location: Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi)
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Training and development of supervisory and middle management employees to ensure that the mining production requirements.
- On-the-job training, coach and mentoring.
- Assessing of the trainees.
- Implementing the correct procedure and standards in the mining operations.
- Creating a motivated and unified performance driven team.
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualifications.
- Opencast Blasting / Rock Breaking certificate.
- Driver's license
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 15 years' experience, with at least 10 years' experience as a Mining Superintendent on a surface mine.
- Proven track record in the production and safety environment.
- Be a self- starter and must be able to work according to deadlines.
- Ability to operate without supervision and be able to work under pressure.
- Sound communication skills.
Advertised: FLE Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now