Start Up Operators ( 300MW Coal Fired Power Station )
Requisition Number: 499840
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama - Port Site
Categories: Construction, Power Plant
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We are currently building a 2 x 150 MW coal fired power plant in Panama and are searching for Start Up Operators to ensure a smooth start-up.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Working under the direction of the Lead Commissioning Operations Engineer to ensure a safe and efficient start up and commissioning of the entire power plant.
• Coordinate operations personnel in support of start-up activities as requested.
• As start-up work progresses assume operational responsibility for systems as they are brought on line and placed in normal operation. Check, monitor and adjust where necessary.
• Take overall responsibility for the operation of all plant equipment. Review and test operational procedures and good industry practices to help ensure that the highest possible levels of safety, availability and reliable output are maintained by the power plant facility as a whole.
• Assist and provide hands-on training to the operations personnel.
• Monitor plant equipment and operations personnel performance on a daily basis
• Demonstrated proficiency in start-up and commissioning activities related to new construction or extensive rebuilds of utility scale power plants of this size and complexity.
• At least 5 years or more experience as a power plant Supervisor.
• 10 years hands on experience as a power plant operator.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now