Requisition Number: 499843
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi)
Categories: Administration, Business Development, Procurement and Logistics
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Provide leadership to the warehouse and inventory team to ensure the development of a working environment that is conducive to the achievement of KPIs
- Planning, organizing and controlling over-all operations
- implement employee performance management process to ensure the optimum employee performance.
- Promote constant motivation among staff to strive for an efficient and effective warehouse administration
- provide leadership necessary to ensure that employees and contractors adhere to safety and environmental standards
- optimize warehouse and yard storage layout to ensure the maximum efficiency of all resources
- Implement stock maintenance strategy to ensure the maximum operational life of issued stock
- Optimizing of all warehouse resources to ensure the most efficient warehouse operation and the maximum service level to end-users
- Develop, install and audit procedures in terms of inventory control, storage, handling and distribution
- Implement cost reduction principles in all aspects of warehouse transactions and activities.
- Ensure that the different warehouse sections take responsibility for the security of the assets under their control
- bachelors' degree/ Diploma in commerce, Supply chain or related field preferred
- +8 years warehouse experience
- warehouse management and inventory control experience required
- Pay attention to detail
- Have the ability to multi-task
- Unquestionable integrity
- Team player
- Resilience and resourcefulness
- Strong influencing skills
- Performance oriented
- Strong management skills
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Strong commercial acumen
Advertised: FLE Standard Time
Applications close: FLE Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now