Person in Charge, Fencing
Requisition Number: 499858
Contract Type: Fixed Term
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Control of a fencing crew.
- Maintain a weekly roster and program for the fencing crew with a time table and completion program.
- Ensure fencing crews adhere to site plans and stated fencing standards
- Maintain a high quality standard of workmanship and maximise output/production.
- Ensuring fitting and material usage is according to plan.
- check for defects and ensure material specifications are maintained
- Making sure regulation and safety issues are adhered to
- Any other duties as directed by superiors.
- Diploma/Craft Certificate - in Construction related Courses e.g.(Metal Fabrication/Painter/Carpenter/Bricklayer)
- Class C Driver's License with minimum 2 years driving experience.
- Knowledge of Electric Fencing components
- Must be able to use a Dump level
- Candidate should have minimum 5 years' working experience in a senior role pic and or foreman.
- Any experience with fencing installation will be an added advantage
· Bolder, Smarter & Driven initiative
· Thinking safety at all times
· Upholding quality
· Technical Skill
· Standby and overtime where required
· Understanding of Labour regulations
· Mathematics and Writing Skills
· Understanding Site Plans
Advertised: FLE Standard Time
Applications close: FLE Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now