Senior Equipment - Inspector
Requisition Number: 500978
Contract Type: On-going
Location: Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi)
Categories: Engineering, Mining
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Carry out quality effective equipment inspections.
- Train the national workforce currently doing these inspections and ensure the necessary follow up actions are made to see them through execution and job closure.
- Develop and implement the necessary documentation and ensure competency based assessments and generated to check the level of competence of the current inspectors.
- Ensure safe work practices are being used and ensure any gaps are addressed through correct work procedures and practices.
- A minimum of an appropriate Trade certification with a recognized statutory body.
- A degree qualification in a relevant discipline is highly regarded but not critical.
- Relevant certification at a supervisory level.
- Training certification is desirable but not critical (cert IV or similar).
- At least 5+ years' in a senior supervisory role.
Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of an appropriate Trade certification and experience with the various types of heavy mining equipment.
- At least 5+ years' ( minimum) in a senior supervisory role.
- Previous experience in a large open pit mining operation is essential.
- Demonstrable experience with maintenance management systems will be an advantage.
- Well organized and process disciplined.
- A good communicator who gives clear, concise instruction.
- Shows good attention to detail to record keeping.
- A good leader with an excellent ability to coach and mentor a large team of varying trade disciplines.
Advertised: FLE Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now