Senior Supervisor - Workshop Electrical and Trolley assist
Requisition Number: 500979
Contract Type: On-going
Location: Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi)
Categories: Engineering, Mining
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. is an established and growing mining and metals company currently operating four mines and developing projects worldwide. Our aim is to become a globally diversified mining and metals company.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We currently produce copper cathode, copper in concentrate, nickel, gold and sulphuric acid.
First Quantum’s current operations are the Kansanshi copper-gold mine in Zambia, the Guelb Moghrein copper-gold mine in Mauritania, the Kevitsa nickel-copper-PGE mine in Finland and the Ravensthorpe nickel-cobalt mine in Australia.
When our current projects are in operation, we expect we will be able to triple our annual copper production capacity and be positioned within the world’s 10 largest copper producers.
Sentinel is the first mine to be developed at the Trident project in the North Western Province of Zambia. The project comprises five large-scale mining licences and significant geological potential exists for expansion of operations, including the Enterprise nickel mine announced in December 2012. First Quantum is investing US$1.725-billion at the Sentinel mine and construction remains on time and on budget. Plant commissioning will commence in mid-2014 and copper production is expected reach 280 - 300,000 tonnes per annum.
- Be able to instill a sense of urgency to the team at all levels to respond to equipment breakdowns in an acceptable and safe manner.
- Up-skill the available workforce to high level of skill in the high and low voltage electrical and air conditioning maintenance disciplines.
- Ensure that equipment inspections are carried out to an acceptable level and followed up on to remove surprise major breakdowns.
- Working with Suppliers and OEM's to ensure a win-win situation that provides the Sentinel team with appropriate on-going support.
- A minimum of an appropriate Trade certification in H.V or L.V (auto) electrical maintenance and repair is a must. Qualification in both along with a H.V license is highly desirable.
- A degree qualification in a relevant discipline is highly regarded but not critical.
- At least 5 years in a senior supervisory role, with a good understanding of planning and scheduling of electrical maintenance work.
Experience & Skills:
- Relevant high or low voltage (auto) electrical trade and/or diploma qualifications.
- Minimum of 10 years post trade experience in a maintenance role.
- At least 5 years in a supervisory role.
- Experience with routine and planned maintenance of large mining trucks and ancillary equipment electrical systems. Experience with pantograph maintenance is highly desirable.
- Well organized and process disciplined.
- A good communicator who gives clear, concise instruction.
- Shows good attention to detail to record keeping.
- A good leader with an excellent ability to coach and mentor a large team of varying trade disciplines.
Advertised: FLE Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
share-text="Share this:" more-text="More" links="facebook,twitter,myspace,linkedin,email" }