Senior Reliability Engineer – Mobile
Requisition Number: 500989
Contract Type: On-going
Location: Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi)
Categories: Engineering, Mining
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- To review and develop Condition Based Monitoring (CBM) routines to improve equipment health
- Lead a team of Condition Monitoring staff
- Provide the Planning function with actionable work requests that can be scheduled into the short & medium work plans.
- Support the development of a continuous improvement culture through the provision of support with root cause failure analysis and leading the "Defect Elimination" drive for the mine fleet
- Trade qualified in either an electrical or mechanical discipline
- Knowledge of Pronto or other CMMS is an advantage
- Maintenance management qualification desirable (not critical)
- Experience in maintenance of mobile mining equipment is essential
Experience & Skills:
- A minimum of an appropriate Trade certification (mechanical or electrical) and experience with heavy mining equipment
- At least 3-5 years in a Planning and/or Reliability role
- A safety leader able to identify and openly communicate safety concerns
- Well organised and process disciplined
- A good communicator who gives clear, concise instruction
- Shows good attention to detail
Advertised: FLE Standard Time
Applications close: FLE Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
share-text="Share this:" more-text="More" links="facebook,twitter,myspace,linkedin,email" }