Optimisation Superintendent/ Manager
Requisition Number: 500990
Contract Type: On-going
Location: Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi)
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- The Modular Dispatch system, which optimizes the mining fleet in real time through optimal truck allocation to the digging units.
- Other installed systems on the equipment fleet like the ProVision system on the drills, the DSS Fatigue Management system, the 360 Degree cameras, ect.
- To gather accurate and relevant production data within the required timeframes, in order to analyze the results and trends, with a view of identifying improvement opportunities.
- To provide the mining management the production performance data to enable performance management down to the operators and supervisory levels.
- To investigate and evaluate latest technologies and systems in an attempt to continue driving process and efficiency improvements.
- To perform the short term production planning function, including daily dig and drill plans, cable movements, and in-pit cleaning and construction projects.
- To perform the drill and blast quality assurance functions.
- Manage the interaction between mine planning and mine production, ensuring mine to plan quality, with strong feedback to planning.
- Improvement on all systems or processes where required.
- Plan, develop and execute special mining related projects.
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualification.
- A relevant three year Degree or Diploma will be advantageous.
- Mine Manager's Certificate of Competency (MMC) will be advantageous.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 15 years' surface mining experience, with at least 10 years' experience as a Mining Engineer or higher level on a surface mine.
- Proven track record in the technical and production environments.
- The successful candidate will have the knowledge to manage multi-disciplinary teams.
- Be proactive and must be able to work according to deadlines.
- Be able to work under pressure.
- Sound written and oral communication skills.
- Good leadership and managerial skills.
Advertised: FLE Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now