Requisition Number: 500995
Contract Type: On-going
Categories: Operations / General Management, Health & Safety
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
FQM Australia Nickel Pty Ltd is seeking an experienced Safety Manager for their Ravensthorpe Nickel Operation, located in Western Australia.
Reporting to the General Manager, the successful person will provide leadership and direction in relation to all Safety aspects across all areas of the operation.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities are as follow:
- Manage the daily operation of the H&S, Injury Management, Hygiene, Emergency Management and Security Team
- Train, develop, directly manage and supervise the H&S team
- Coordinate and manage the health and safety portfolio and systems for the Site
- Work closely with the Mining Department to ensure safety standards are met and maintained
- Mentor, develop and train site leadership on OHS programs, responsibilities and legislative compliance
- Provide guidance to site personnel and administer compliance to relevant legislation including the Mine Safety and Inspection Act and Regulations
- Responsible to advise the general manager and departmental managers of upcoming legislative changes and implications of changes to our organisation
- Manage and develop Site leading indicator program
- Provide specialist support, expertise, training, audits and assessment in relation to OHS and practical risk management to all levels of the organisationDevelop and implement progressive site safety programs and reforms that focus on behavioural safety and safety cultural change
- Assisted with development/implementation of site HSMS in accordance with OHSAS and AS/NZS standards that focuses on continual improvement and implementing best practice standards
- Implement and support the operations OHS committee and H&S representative program
- Developed and implemented the site incident investigation system and processes
- Responsible to implementing site DMP audit program including all DMP HIF audits (include OHS, quality, process, Dangerous Goods and management system auditing)
- Develop practical site compliance documents to assist management to comply with specific legislative requirements, FQM group policies and site technical standards
- Liaise with government officials regarding legislative compliance issues
- Regularly liaise with government departments and professional networks on related industry and legislative updates and information and distribute to the RNO group
- Liaise with our corporate legal team and external legal advisors in relation to all OHS compliance matters regarding RNO, including the collation and provision of evidence, and responses to improvement and prohibition notices and DMP information requests
- Liaise and implement local government and agencies MOU's and development in relation to joint emergency response capabilities
- Work with HR on the management of the companies EAP and employee well-being services
- Prepare and manage department budgets (incl. annual budget, forecast's and models, monthly and actual performance budgets)
- Provide support and advice to the site training department e.g. development of training packages, advice on content, advice on legislative training requirements and delivery of training
- Prepare monthly reports to Site, management, Board and International Group
- Liaise and assist FQM international operations with OHS and risk compliance system implementation
- Assist with site Dangerous Goods/Hazardous Materials Management processes
- Develop and implement site emergency management and crisis management processes
- Oversee and support the RNO injury management system
This role is offered on a Monday to Friday roster and the successful candidate will be required to relocate to Hopetoun, WA. An attractive salary, allowances, subsidized company accommodation and relocation package is on offer to the successful candidate.
For More information about FQM and FQM Australia Nickel, please visit our website. www.first-quantum.com
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now