Requisition Number: 501096
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
Categories: Construction, Process, Projects
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
First Quantum are seeking a Piping Supervisor for the Copper Process Plant at Cobre Project, located in Panama. This is an 8/2 Roster. Specific experience below will be essential.
The position purpose will be to supervise and coordinate the installation of all piping works at the Process Plant as per P&ID's, isometric and GA drawings whilst complying with the relevant pipe specifications.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Plan and execute the installation of all types of pipes, valves, fittings as per line list in according with stipulated specifications.
- Ensure maximum productivity
- Plan and organize daily and weekly piping work packages
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and standards and that piping schedules are adhered to.
- Capture & report progress as required by Project Controls Manager.
- Optimise plant and resource utilization
- Identify any potential or actual slippages and discuss with the Area Manager.
- Control and monitor man-hour utilisation for all piping related activities
- Plan daily, weekly and monthly manpower distribution
- Coordinate and liaise with Managers ensuring smooth workflow at all work fronts.
- Provide back up to the Area Manager for managing and handling the pipe work packages including providing technical advice as required.
- Ensure all work is carried out safely, befitting the high standards of the Company
- Ensure the safety management programme and safety objectives are strictly followed and action is taken against defaulters to prevent recurrence.
- Ensure that all work is carried out to the required quality in the best possible manner and within the guidelines of industry's best engineering practices.
- Verify enough effort has been put in areas of productivity, safety and quality.
- Stop processes if they do not meet specified requirements and ensure that rework is carried out is acceptable
- Motivate, direct, align and guide the team for best performance, monitor performance and provide feedback
- Take ownership of success or failure of the individual projects and resort to corrective measure to avoid recurrence in future.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned by the section head.
Additional Job Requirements
- Good planning and execution skills, proven leadership quality and communication skills.
- Minimum 6 years piping supervisory experience in the Mining, Oil and Gas industry or related field.
- Good command of English language oral and written.
- Should be conversant with applicable safe working practices, quality & standards
- Ability to Manage / Control a multi-national workforce.
- Assist in ensuring the proper closeout of project including transmittal of final documentation to operations.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now
share-text="Share this:" more-text="More" links="facebook,twitter,myspace,linkedin,email" }