Structural Steel Supervisor
Requisition Number: 501097
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
Categories: Construction, Process, Projects
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
First Quantum are seeking a Structural Steel Supervisor for the Copper Process Plant at Cobre Project, located in Panama. This is an 8/2 Roster. Specific experience below will be essential.
The Overall Purpose of this position will be to supervise and coordinate the correct installation & erection of all industrial steel structures at the Process Plant as per IFC and GA drawings whilst complying with the relevant erection specifications.
- Maintain a safe work environment with the object of minimizing hazards to the health and safety of employees
- Manage and Supervise site construction teams ensuring they complete tasks on time and safely to required standards
- To allocate work in accordance with the approved baseline schedule
- Adherence to all Statutory Standards and Regulations
- Responsible for daily checks on progress and obtain relevant progress data for reporting purposes
- Ensure workers work at optimum efficiency and adhere to stipulated working hours
- Request materials in time to ensure work fronts operate at peal performance
- Liaise with teams and resolve any matters arising
- To cover other supervisors when they are on leave
- Follow up corrective actions and implement countermeasures to minimise re-occurrence of faults
- Responsible for correct installation of all industrial steel structures using the correct tools and tactical equipment
- Support an effective Health and Safety system, including completion of risk assessments, method statements and tool box talks where appropriate
- Promote a positive and professional manner at all times amongst all workers
- To have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Display a flexible 'can do' approach which will contribute to the success of the company
- To operate in accordance with Company policies and procedures
- To undertake any training necessary to meet the requirements of the post
- To adopt a flexible approach to working hours as required by the Company
- To undertake any other duties, relevant to your skills, which may from time to time be deemed necessary
- To take personal responsibility for own actions
- To be open to new ideas, understand the need for change and be willing to adapt
- To be aware of issues of equality and diversity, to understand and be sensitive to cultural differences
- Ensuring employees are aware of the hazards involved in their work and the prescribed precautionary measures.
- Where personal protective equipment is required it is available and used by employees.
- Be responsible for your personal presentation, health and physical fitness
- Maintain a high level of attendance
- Take all possible steps to ensure a safe working environment for yourself and others
Additional Job Requirements
- Good planning and execution skills, proven leadership quality and communication skills.
- Minimum 6 years industrial steel erection experience in the Mining, Oil and Gas industry or related field.
- Good command of English language oral and written.
- Should be conversant with applicable safe working practices, quality & standards
- Ability to Manage / Control a multi-national workforce.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now
share-text="Share this:" more-text="More" links="facebook,twitter,myspace,linkedin,email" }