Boilermaker Foreman (E&I Construction)
Requisition Number: 501104
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Appropriate allocation of resources to tasks.
- Performing quality checks on work performed by subordinates, ensuring that work is completed to the required standard and specification.
- Conducting on the job training and safety awareness talks.
- Executing work in accordance with the drawings, specifications and project schedule.
- Assisting the Boilermaker Supervisor with assessing and planning cable rack routes in conjunction with Piping Supervisor and team.
- Resolving potential equipment, routing or working clashes with other disciplines (e.g. piping) on site.
- Ad hoc duties as assigned by the Boilermaker Supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a Grade Ten (Grade 10)
- Qualified Boilermaker from recognised institution
- 10 years experience; including 2 years on Supervisory level within a contracting environment supervising a team of at least 10 boilermakers
- Mining and Process Plant construction experience will be added advantage
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now