E&I Superintendent (Construction)
Requisition Number: 501105
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
Categories: Construction, Engineering
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Responsible for overseeing the installation of all electrical & instrumentation equipment, cables and terminations within a project area and the respective Electrical Teams.
- Planning and executing work in accordance with the drawings, specifications and project schedule.
- Appropriate allocation of resources to tasks.
- Performing quality checks on work performed by subordinates, ensuring that work is completed to the required standard and specification.
- Effective production, safety, administration, planning and forecasting.
- Legal compliance
- Optimisation of machinery and other operations through proper utilisation and maintaining good labour relations
- Conducting on the job training and safety awareness talks.
- Resolving potential equipment, routing or working clashes with other disciplines (e.g. piping) on site.
- Co-ordinate and assist during project commissioning and handover.
- Electrical or Instrumentation Trade qualifications.
- 10 to 15 years experience as an electrical and instrumentation construction and installation supervisor with at least 5 years in a Superintendent role on a process plant project/ large industrial project
- Strong preference to applicants from a contraction background.
- Experience managing teams of 50 or more electricians.
- Mining, power plant, smelter and/or acid plant construction would be a beneficial.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings.
- Must be computer literate.
- Problem Solving.
- Team work and leadership.
- Able to work under pressure.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now