Requisition Number: 501112
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama
Categories: Procurement and Logistics
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Roles and Responsibilities
Perform purchasing activities for goods and materials from local and international suppliers as required, including (but not limited to) the following:
• Analysis of price proposals, financial reports and other information to determine reasonable prices;
• Evaluation of suppliers based on price, quality, and delivery speed;
• Sourcing and validation of vendor data relevant to Equipment and Materials;
• Identification of opportunities for cost reductions;
• Provide assistance with the establishment and maintenance of Fixed Pricing Agreements (FPA’s);
• Assist the Accounts Payable department to resolve any pricing discrepancies as required;
• Provide assistance with provision of pricing information for purposes other than procurement, including for the preparation of budget submissions, scopes of work, detailed costing for identified modifications and upgrades as required;
• Maintain a supplier list and such other records as are required for the efficient operation of the purchasing function;
In this role, there will be a high emphases on:
• Adherence to FQM Cobre Panama Code of Ethics;
• Adherence to FQM Cobre Panama Safety and Environmental Management Systems;
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
• Experience in international and local purchasing activities;
• Highly developed communication and negotiation skills;
• Strong team player whilst possessing ability to work autonomously;
• Possess strong commercial acumen and unquestionable business integrity;
• Firm commitment to safe work practices.
• Degree in Purchasing Management or relevant discipline;
• Good written and spoken Spanish and English allowing reporting and negotiation in both languages;
• Previous mine-site experience will be advantagous;
• Previous experience with ERP systems (e.g. JD Edwards).
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now