Lead Civil Geotechnical Engineer
Requisition Number: 501114
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama
Categories: Engineering, Mine Geology, Projects, Construction
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
First Quantum Minerals are seeking a Lead Geotechnical professional to work at our Panama Project. 8 weeks on 2 weeks off Roster Expat position.
Reporting to site Engineering Manager the Lead Civil Geotechnical Engineer will have responsibility and accountability for optimum design and engineering for all geotechnical aspects of the project.
The position will oversee a small team on a large site that is in various phases of construction and commissioning.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing technical support the site engineering teams.
- Analysis and design of project facilities
- Develop safe and cost effective geotechnical solutions
- Working in conjunction with construction contractors and superintendents
- Managing team performance, KPI's, project targets and reporting
Qualifications and skills required:
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- Degree in Geotechnical Engineering
- Extensive experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated ability in large project roles
- Preferred experience in a tropical environment and/or background in remote expat operations
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now
share-text="Share this:" more-text="More" links="facebook,twitter,myspace,linkedin,email" }