Shovel & Drill Coordinator
Requisition Number: 501199
Contract Type: Project Based
Site: Cobre Panama
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Planning & Scheduling
- Ensure that your section works to a weekly plan, provide coaching and mentoring for area shift foreman. Attend weekly planning meetings, review Weekly plans to ensure that they are realistic and achievable. Ensure area foreman are completing paperwork timely and of the highest quality and all information is getting back to the planners to update the CMMS
- Continuous Improvement
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement in Field Maintenance activities by encouraging and providing input on processes and support to all subordinates. These wins are to be communicated across the section and key players openly recognized. Continually assess the tooling and equipment to do the job safely and effectively, procure additional resources if necessary
- Provide leadership and mentoring for area shift foreman including ongoing training and development, performance management, conflict management and crisis management. Ensuring the right people are in the right job.
- To oversee the execution of the weekly plan for the maintenance activities of the Shovels & Drills by providing direction to the shift foreman and the maintenance crews. Ensure the unplanned breakdown work is managed effectively and all work captured in Pronto. Ensure PM inspections are being carried out to the highest quality and all corrective work is identified before becoming a breakdown
- Actively participate in all section activities, shift handover communications, toolbox meetings and any other activities as necessary to promote excellence in communications. Liaise with other cross functional sections in order to gain agreement on priorities to enable completion of set tasks in a timely and safe manner.
- Technical Advice
- Provision of technical advice for existing plant / equipment and development projects. Managing visiting consultants. Fault finding and failure analysis
- Ensure safety regulations are adhere to
Qualification & Experience:
- A minimum of an appropriate Trade certification and experience with heavy mining equipment including Shovels Drills Electric trucks and ancillary equipment.
- Minimum of 8-10 years experience in a maintenance role.
- At least 5 years in a senior supervisory role.
- Experience in mining or other heavy industry
- P&H 4100 XPC
- Atlas copco PV351
- Cat MD6640
- MS Office
- Knowledge of Pronto or other enterprise systems.
- Plant specific experience on Buycyrus/CAT shovels and Drill would be an advantage.
- Prevfious experience in a large open pit mining operation would be well regarded.
- Demonstrable experience with maintenance management systems will be an advantage.
- The ability and drive to manage a maintenance work group in a technically challenging and geographically remote maintenance environment.
- Sound planning, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills in English.
- Knowledge and understanding of diverse third world cultures and customs an advantage.
- Team Player
- Able to work independently
- Must be able to work under pressure and without supervision
- Must be able to mentor, coach and transfer knowledge
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now