Mechanical Superintendent: Front End
Requisition Number: 501299
Contract Type: On-going
Categories: Engineering, Mining
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Key areas of Responsibility:
- Adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Ensure safety procedures are followed at all times, doing a Risk Assessment and Hazard Identification prior to any task to eliminate any possibility of an accident or injury.
- Supervise and plan the preventive and reactive maintenance duties on the crushing and milling circuits.
- Direct management of the mechanical workshops, including a fleet of cranes.
- Manage all process plant projects including equipment rebuilds.
- Co-ordinate and plan improvement projects to optimise plant performance.
- Coaching, mentoring and managing a team of both national and expert employees.
Required Technical Skills, Training & Experience:
- Tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Competent to produce, interpret and work with PID/process layout, engineering and fabrication drawings.
- Minimum 15 years' process plant experience, with extensive experience on crushers and mills and significant exposure to maintenance management systems.
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- Demonstrated safety leadership skills with the ability to create a positive safe work culture.
- Significant leadership experience with proven history of process plant experience.
- Strong computer skills and high proficiency in working with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems such as Pronto, SAP or others.
- Strong people management skills and demonstrated experience on managing employees.
- Strong focus on continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the maintenance management system.
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills with ability to delegate and motivate the team towards achieving production targets. Should not be afraid to discipline people when necessary.
Advertised: Greenwich Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now