Group ICT Technical Project Coordinator
Requisition Number: 501303
Contract Type: On-going
Country: United Kingdom
Site: London Office
Categories: Information Technology
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Key Roles / Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing the full project lifecycle for assigned projects
- Support all ICT departments, project planning and estimating, cost tracking and reporting and risk and quality management.
- Work directly with senior ICT and business stakeholders.
- Attend site visits and client meetings where required.
- Lead, engage and motivate a cross discipline team to success
- Project budget management.
- Contract review and management.
- Manage the establishment of governance and working processes within your team.
- Ensure that all project organisation members understand their roles and responsibilities.
- Proactively manage effective communication between all stakeholders; escalate communication issues to the relevant senior management where necessary.
- Lead and manage the production team, working with the design and technical lead to plan and assign work.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively, delegate tasks where appropriate and work under pressure.
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
- Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with senior business stakeholders
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined.
- Well-presented and business-like.
- Keen for challenges, responsibility and accountability.
- Willingness to work overtime where necessary to complete projects on schedule.
- Able to assess commercial impact of project decisions, from a position of detailed understanding of corporate objectives.
- Able to get on with others and be a team player.
- Success of deliverable tasks*
- General overall management of projects*
*Provide examples and portfolio of projects
Essential skills and experience:
- Prince2 Practitioner or similar project management methodology certified.
- Previous business relationship roles would be a benefit
- Minimum 3 years' experience in running technical and client based projects.
- Technical background from an Infrastructure based role or equivalent.
- Understand network and infrastructure based systems. The ability to understand and articulate technical designs and solutions.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Consistent provision of a responsive, effective and personable
- ICT supports service to exceed customer expectations.
- Work in accordance to ITIL processes and procedures.
- Use initiative with a positive and 'can do' attitude
- Ability to communicate effectively with a confident telephone manner.
- Excellent attention to detail and in all written communication.
- Maintain good working relationships with all members of FQML.
- Professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Flexible approach to role.
- Highly motivated, personal drive to develop to enhance their knowledge and skill set.
- Ability to liaise and communicate with all levels of clients
Desirable skills and experience:
- Additional languages – in particular Spanish
- Programme management
- Azure knowledge
- Office 365 knowledge
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now