Assistant Mining Engineer - Mine Planning
Requisition Number: 501332
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi)
Categories: Mine Geology, Mining
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the short term mine plans
- Execute and Manage Technical Projects Periodically
- Data Collection and Evaluation in order to Provide Quality Assurance and Propose Operational Improvement.
- Maintain Mine Planning Data Repository
- Collaborate with Operations – Geology, Maintenance and Processing Sections
- Improve Company Profitability by enhanced Mine Planning Techniques and Execution
- Bachelor's Degree in Mining Engineering or Mine Surveying from a reputable institution
Experience & Skills:
- 3 years in mining industry of which 2 years in the Technical Open Pit Planning Arena
- Power User of Surpac and MineShed Mine Planning Packages
- Strong 3D Analytical Thinking and Spatial Perception ability
- Highly detail – oriented and process driven
- Strong team and communication abilities
- Motivated towards continual improvement of systems and processes
- Willingness to locate to and work at a developing site in a relatively remote area
Advertised: FLE Daylight Time
Applications close: FLE Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now