Long Term Mine Planner
Requisition Number: 501340
Contract Type: On-going
Location: Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi)
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Manage Long Term (1-5Yrs) Mine Planning Process including Financial Optimization, Mine Design, Mine Scheduling, and Equipment Scheduling.
- Interface with Strategic Mine Plan as well as Short Term Mine Planning processes.
- Establish and Maintain Long Term Mine Planning Data Repository.
- Collaborative with Operations-, Geology-, Maintenance- and Processing Sections.
- Improve Company Profitability by Enhanced Mine Planning Techniques and Execution.
- Bachelor's degree in Mining Engineering or Mine Surveying from a Reputable International Institution.
Skills & Experience:
- +8 Years in mining industry of which +5 years in the Technical Open Pit Planning Arena.
- Proven Mine Design and Planning Track Record as well as Mine Planning Management.
- Whittle 4D, Power User of Surpac- and MineSched Mine Planning Packages (Essential).
- Strong 3D Analytical Thinking and Spatial Perception Ability.
- Highly detail-orientated and process driven.
- Strong team and communication abilities
- Motivated towards continual improvement of systems and processes
- High attention to detail.
- Professional Registered Mining Engineer / CP – Highly beneficial.
Advertised: FLE Standard Time
Applications close: FLE Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now