Mine Planning Engineer
Requisition Number: 501343
Contract Type: On-going
Categories: Mining, Operations / General Management
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Our culture thrives on a 'can-do' attitude, hard work and determination. We have a flexible, responsive, dynamic business structure that focuses on being action-orientated and results driven. FQMAN people contribute directly to the success of the company and their own future. Ravensthorpe Nickel Operation is currently looking to appoint a Mine Planning Engineer to join its site-based team.
Situated on site in Ravensthorpe which is approx. 550 kilometres south-east of Perth this role is offered on a 14/7 roster either FIFO from Perth or residential offering you the opportunity to live in an idyllic coastal community. A relocation package and subsidised company accommodation may be available to those wishing to relocate to Hopetoun.
The Mine Planning Engineer will plan and schedule all short term production related activities including but not limited to topsoil and subsoil removal, drilling and blasting, loading and hauling, ore feed and dewatering while maintaining a strong focus on safety.
The key responsibilities for the role include to:
- Develop and manage the daily and weekly mine production plans. The planning function includes drill and blast sequencing, load and haul sequencing, ore feed planning, waste dump, stockpile and rejects planning and sequencing.
- Liaise daily with the production geology and process teams as well as the mining contractor to ensure consistent and quality ore feed to the process plant.
- Liaise daily with the Mine Planning Superintendent to ensure ore feed quality and mine production alignment with the monthly plan and annual budget.
- Apply innovation and practical experience across all technical aspects of the mine planning function to ensure the development of practical and executable mine plans.
- Preparation of weekly and monthly reconciliations and reports.
- Pit and dump designs as required.
- Ad-hoc project work as required.
The successful applicant will have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Strong safety focus.
- Team orientated and results driven.
- Tertiary Qualification in Mine Engineering (or equivalent) with 2 - 5 years post-graduate experience in mining production and planning.
- Demonstrated knowledge of mine design and production scheduling.
- Working knowledge of mine geology and survey.
- Competent in the use of mine planning software with experience in Surpac and MineSched a distinct advantage.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Current manual Driver's Licence.
Only those with the right to work in Australia will be considered for this position.
Applications from agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Shortlisting for this role will begin immediately.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now