Lead Mechanical Engineer
Requisition Number: 501360
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama
Categories: Construction, Engineering
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the production of CAD drawings and as built records.
- Production of designs, specifications and tender documentation.
- Preparation of Permit documentation necessary of approvals.
- Supervision and inspection of works/production of inspection reports.
- Preparation of works cost estimates.
Qualifications and Skills required:
- Over 20 years’ experience in mechanical engineering design, structural design, construction supervision and commissioning.
- Previous experience in roles as Senior and Principal Mechanical Engineer.
- Ability to work on multi discipline projects.
- Extensive knowledge of international design standards.
- Qualification in Mechanical Engineering.
- Design experience encompassing many business industries including Mining, Ore Process Plant.
- Production of feasibility studies.
- Ability to mentor graduate engineers.
- Previous experience working abroad both on site and in design office.
- Able to carry out structural design calculations and check designs.
- Be fluent in English both oral and written.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now