Requisition Number: 501393
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
Categories: Information Technology
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Configure and deliver computer for new and existing users
- Configure and deliver Desk phones and cell phone for new and existing users
- Install any already approve business application
- Provide technical assistance to senior management in the usage of meeting room equipment including video conference
- Support and repair any Operating System application e.g. Microsoft Office
- Provide support to fiscal printer or escalate to vendor
- Provide guidance to end users in business applications and devices
- Work as a bridge with ICT management and Panama City office if require
- Provide computer support for very senior FQM Board members and VIPs
- Work as remote hands for infrastructure advance support (network and servers)
- Visit datacenter once a week to cycle or rotate tapes in tape magazine – hands on at the datacenter?
- Safely store tape cartridges outside datacenter
- Replace any infrastructure damage equipment with the help of Network Specialist or system administrator
- Ability to work on call due to urgent issues
- Receive all local pay ICT department invoices and perform payment process within the system with the approval of ICT superintendent – finance role?
- Receive any goods not able to be deliver to site and schedule delivery with logistics or transport
- Perform ICT purchase request in ERP systems
- Contact ICT vendors to get quotes for different ICT goods and services
- Occasionally visit Penonome and Ciruelito offices to perform physical support
- Work with recycling vendor to proper dispose ICT devices when require.
- Work together with mine site and port site ICT team to enforce equipment warranty or repairs with local vendors
- University degree in computer science, telecommunications, electrical or similar
- A Technical Degree in Electronic or Telecommunication a plus
- Structured cabling Certification a plus
- ITIL Foundation a must
- Experience in incident, problem and change management
- Proven end user computer support experience within the last two years
- End user computer device hardware support
- Advance knowledge for end user operating system (windows 7, 8.1 and 10)
- Active Directory administration knowledge
- Technical support knowledge on Office 2010 require
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- A patient and methodical approach to work.
- Read and use a variety of schematics, plans, and specifications
- Organizational skills – ability to plan and coordinate your work
- Work effectively without supervision
- The ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Ability to work flexible hours and/or overtime when required
- Valid driver’s license
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills in English and Spanish
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
- Ability to Lift and move IT equipment
- Ability to diagnose hardware and software faults
- Driving to various offices
- Some overnight travel may be required
- Flexibility and willingness to work on call, day or night shift as jobs require
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now