Requisition Number: 501405
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- During Detail Engineering, ensure that relevant constructability and execution input is incorporated into engineering, specifications and procedures.
- Coordinating the transition from engineering to construction.
- Ensure that all site activities comply with MPSA/Inmet policies and project approved procedures.
- Coordinate and review the Execution plan prepared by the EPC(M) Contractors during the Basic and Detailed engineering and monitor and oversee its implementation moving into site activities.
- Monitoring construction activities closely to ensure they advance in an expeditious and cost effective manner according to master schedule, specifications and budget.
- Contribute and facilitate value engineering and cost benefit analysis of capital expenditures.
- Develop reporting to track status and progress of construction activities.
- Monitor and oversee the interface between the EPC(M) Contractors and third party contractors, communities and other stakeholders.
- Promote quality achievement and continuous learning and improvement across contractors.
- Effectively Manage upwards ensuring accurate reporting of site activities
- Deputise and Delegate task assignments and instructions as directed by Senior Construction Manager.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- University degree in engineering or mining.
- Extensive experience in the mining, power, or construction industry, preferably working for one of the large engineering and construction firms.
- Excellent understanding of the power industry, industry practices and technical advancements.
- Hands‐on construction experience, as well as experience in negotiating and reviewing major engineering and construction contracts.
- Adherence to the highest ethical standards, demonstrating accountability, integrity and transparency in actions at all times.
- Strong understanding and ability to analyze and evaluate the nuances of engineering and construction contracts.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now