Site Services Superintendent
Requisition Number: 501419
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama
Categories: Projects, Services
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Responsibilities will include:
- Review schedules and routes for transport of service personnel.
- Regularly inspect all facilities and audit inventory, supplies and equipment/assets.
- Implement organizational policies, process, procedures and goals
- Facilitate budget requests to identify areas in which reductions/efficiencies can be made.
- Participate in the development of long-range plans, conceptual designs, and capital outlay requirements for program/process improvements and camp development.
- Assist with coordination of program specifications, requirements for proposals and contracts
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and National regulations, such as, HSE, HACCP, COSHH etc.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Must have experience in Remote site or Facilities management within Mining or Oil and Gas fields.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Contract / vendor management and monitoring experience
- Knowledge of SAP a plus Not Essential
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred Not Essential
- Excellent communication, project management and problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel, and working knowledge of MS Office and proficient in Spreadsheets would be advantageous.
- Ability to manage staff, ability to be innovative and be an agent for change
Knowledge of principles and processes involved in supporting contract responsibilities at an overseas facility.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now