Planner (Fixed Plant Maintenance)
Requisition Number: 501450
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
Categories: Engineering, Process
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Key area: Promote safe, healthy and fair work environment
- Participate Develop standard safe working procedures and actively participate in HSE initiatives
- Carry out formal workplace inspections on a routine basis
- Ensure employees work in compliance with H&S (e.g. isolation, lock out and tag out), quality and environmental standards and procedures
- Manage and coordinate daily corrective actions
- Enforce housekeeping standards in all designated work areas
Key area: Help to set up planning, reliability and design functions at plant maintenance
- Help on implementing JDEdwards CMMS module
- Help on crating maintenance strategy at metallurgical process plant
Key area: Maintenance planning
- Daily integration with plant supervisors/ superintendents
- Work with supervisors and superintendents (Planning, Engineering & Plant) to ensure that plant equipment of a metallurgical process plant are maintained according to Standard Operating Procedures (and that all machinery/ equipment is maintained according to supplier recommendation and industry best practices) by providing adequate work planning.
- Ensure that all plant preventive and predictive maintenance plans are in accordance with the needs of the operation that activities are planned and scheduled via a computerized maintenance management system
- Ensure that necessary parts are available when needed
- Provide technical support for the mechanical maintenance personnel on a daily basis to maximize production and efficiencies and optimize costs.
- Participate report on maintenance activities and performance indicators
- Provide input to weekly, Monthly and Yearly look ahead plans
- Continuously improve work plans based on information from field supervisors and superintendents including developing PM tasks and bill of materials.
Key area: Shutdown planning and execution
- Participate to shutdown planning so that plant availability is maximized and contractor resources is minimize and ensure that in- house resources are fully utilized
- Participate to shutdown execution by supervising some of the tasks on own area of responsibility
- Collect data from work execution times and report them accordingly
Key area: Collaborate with E&M team and related functions to optimize efficiencies
- Evaluate plant performance to identify and initiate development opportunities
- Review plant design for debottlenecking and efficiency/ operability improvement and provide financial justification for related capital projects.
- Mechanical Engineer Degree
- Or related Trade Certificate to Heavy Fixed Plant Equipment
- Minimum of 2-5 years’ experience in a maintenance role; 1 years of which should be in maintenance planning
- Knowledge of JDEdwards or other enterprise systems
- The ability to read and understand drawings
- Sound planning, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Well- developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills in English.
- MS office and –Project
- Ability to work in a multi- cultural environment
- Team player and results orientated
- Highly motivated and driven
- Methodological and organized
- Relate and communicate to people on all levels
- Good Problem Solving ability and Patient attitude
- Bilingual in English and Spanish will be advantageous
- Please provide your curriculum in English.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now