Senior Reliability Engineer (Fixed Plant)
Requisition Number: 501456
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Key area: Promote safe, healthy and fair work environment
- Help creating positive “can do” culture to whole engineering team
- Participate Develop standard safe working procedures and actively participate in HSE initiatives
- Carry out formal workplace inspections on a routine basis
- Ensure employees work in compliance with H&S (e.g. isolation, lock out and tag out), quality and environmental standards and procedures
- Manage and coordinate daily corrective actions
Enforce housekeeping standards
Key area: Help to set up reliability and continuous improvement functions at plant maintenance
- Purchase, implement and commission fixed and portable condition monitoring systems including but not limiting vibration measures and thermal imaging
- Crating condition monitoring strategy at metallurgical process plant
- Set up condition monitoring standards to metallurgical process plant
- Hire stuff to reliability team
- Coach team members to cope complex measuring instruments
Key area: Condition monitoring
- Lead the team and ensure that all plant predictive maintenance plans are in accordance with the needs of the operation that activities are planned and scheduled via a computerized maintenance management system
- Interpret condition monitoring results and provide feedback from condition monitoring results to relevant stake holders
- Provide technical support for the mechanical maintenance personnel on a daily basis to maximize production and efficiencies and optimize costs.
- Report on maintenance activities and performance indicators
- Manage budget for CM, upgrades (installation of new equipment) and plant parts inventory
- Coach whole engineering team members to basic condition monitoring technics, like overall velocity measures
Key area: Continuous improvement
- Create continuous improvement process with relevant stakeholders
- Lead continues improvement process and ensure relevant actions are taken
- Report results monthly basis
Key area: Collaborate with E&M team and related functions to optimize efficiencies
- Evaluate plant performance to identify and initiate development opportunities.
- Review plant design for debottlenecking and efficiency/ operability improvement and provide financial justification for related capital projects.
- Mechanical Engineer Degree
- Or related Trade Certificate to Heavy Fixed Plant Equipment
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years’ experience in a maintenance role; 3 years of which should be senior level in reliability
Knowledge of JDEdwards or other enterprise systems
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills.
- Well- developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills in English.
- Knowledge and understanding of diverse third world cultures and customs an advantage.
- MS Office and –Project
- Ability to see big picture on complicated big concentrator plant
- Ability to work in a multi- cultural environment
- Team player and results orientated
- Highly motivated and driven
- Methodological and organized
- Relate and communicate to people on all levels
- Good Problem Solving ability & Patient attitude
- Bilingual in English and Spanish will be advantageous
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now