Recruitment Advisor - 6 Month Fixed Term
Requisition Number: 501460
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Categories: Human Resources, Mining, Operations / General Management
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- To manage the full recruitment life cycle from identifying business needs right through to the successful placement of candidates
- To build rapport with hiring managers, site HR personnel and candidates
- To be able to generate sourcing strategies, which will include data base searches, head-hunting and networking
- To accurately screen candidates to ensure a person-job match, but even more importantly a person-organisational culture fit.
- To be able to work on recruitment platforms, develop job advertisements and manage all recruitment within the recruitment software system
- In this role you will be required to be a recruitment business partner to hiring managers, assisting them in making recruitment decisions.
- The incumbent will be required to become involved and participate in ad-hoc recruitment related duties/projects
Qualifications and Skills required:
- Demonstrated high volume recruitment experience, internal model would be preferred
- Excellent interview skills to identify candidates who will suit the company culture and be successful in the role
- Proven track record of successful placements
- Experience in Recruitment systems, Pageup preferred
- High standard of computer literacy
Personal characteristics preferred:
- Team player, working closely with others to achieve departmental goals
- Motivated, accountable for actions and urgency in achieving targets
- Diligent, able to work without close supervision and functions well under pressure
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
share-text="Share this:" more-text="More" links="facebook,twitter,myspace,linkedin,email" }