Requisition Number: 501465
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi)
Categories: Graduate, Power Plant, Process
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Understand and execute accountabilities of legal appointment under Zambian Mining Regulations;
- Comply with site HSE standards and procedures;
- The role has accountability for the training system associated with the Processing Department and the Processing plant;
- Consistently deliver and exceed the main KPI’s of >80% closure of the Processing Team position training matrix gap;
- Train day-to-day operations of Processing Department;
- Routinely monitor, control and report on training performance indicators;
- Develop and conduct process plant specific induction sessions for employees and contractors
- Ensuring that employees have the competencies required to perform their roles
- Maintain the training management system for the Processing team, including data integrity, audit requirements and reporting;
- Develop, Monitor and maintain the Position Training Matrix;
- Review work practices and use of systems to ensure continuous improvement
- Control and reduce operational costs;
- Uphold the FQM Way culture of “Smarter, Bolder, Driven;”
- A Diploma or Certificate IV in Training and Assessing; Example; Mineral processing. Or Zambian equivalent
- Eligibility for membership of the Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ), and to hold legal appointment as defined by the Mining regulations of Zambia.
- The ability to create SOPs and Training packages to fit the role.
- Hands on Operating experience Crushers, Milling Circuits, Flotation Circuits, Thickeners Tailings circuits, Reagent handling mixing systems.
- Commitment to SHEC performance;
- Strong drive and personal sense of accountability;
- Strong understanding of training methods and strategies;
- Be proactive, persistent, diligent and thorough in approach;
Advertised: FLE Daylight Time
Applications close: FLE Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now