Requisition Number: 501470
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi)
Categories: Administration, Services
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Key Technical Responsibilities:
- Meeting and welcoming visitors
- Various administrative tasks (filing paperwork, scanning documents and saving in electronic format).
- Assist Support Services department with any delegated tasks.
- Point of contact for contractors and visitors
- Maintain security by following procedures and controlling access via the reception desk
- Perform basic bookkeeping and record keeping duties
- Computer proficient
Key Behavioural Skills:
- Extensive reception and administration assistant experience
- Team player and work autonomously.
- Outstanding organisational skills with the ability to multi task.
- Ability to work under pressure, anticipate needs and act independently.
- Willingness to learn and take on new tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Exercises confidentiality.
- Flexible with a positive attitude.
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Holder of Grade Twelve certificate with a Credit in English and Mathematics
- Added advantage to holders of Trades Certificates in Secretarial and Administration
- 1 year experience in the similar position
Other Requirements: -
- The candidate required to reside in the local area (Kalumbila)
- Ready to work night shift
Advertised: FLE Daylight Time
Applications close: FLE Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now