Technical Trainer: Trucks
Requisition Number: 501564
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Accountable for the maintenance and repair of electrical truck fleet (Ultra-Class), and to assist with technical fault finding and equipment diagnosis. Carry out technical training and offer advice to our local maintenance staff.
- Carry out routine maintenance and repairs to the electrical truck fleet, while training subordinate employees
- Continually find ways to reduce maintenance operating costs on the electrical truck fleet
- Execute maintenance efficiently, effectively and safely.
- Develop scopes of work for repairs and large scale shutdowns for the electrical truck fleet
- Carryout site assessments and report poor mining practices to the Mine Operations team
- Provide mentoring for subordinates, including on-going technical and none-technical training and development, performance management, conflict management and crisis management
- Ensure all work is captured in JDE and ensure technical failure reports are compiled and communicated to foster a continuous improvement maintenance environment
- Work closely with Planners and contribute to preventative maintenance and continuous improvement going forward
- Foster relationships with the Reliability departments to ensure that strategies are up to date and include all RCA’s
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Qualified Electrical or Mechanical trade Artisan
- Training qualification is desirable
- Minimum 5 years' experience of which at least 2 should have been in a leadership role
- Solid experience across a broad range of large mining equipment
- Experience maintaining large mining equipment
- Experience with coordinating and organising maintenance activities
- Computer literate and experience with a CMMS
- Have previous experience in developing and implementing systems and processes
- Spanish/English an advantage
- Studies in Maintenance Management advantageous
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now