Field Maintenance Superintendent
Requisition Number: 501606
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama
Categories: Engineering, Mining
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Responsible for the efficient maintenance management of the Pit mobile equipment resulting in maximum overall availability and reliability. The fleet consists of or will consist of PH4100 electric rope shovels, Leibherr 9350 and 9100 excavators, MD6640, PV351 Electric Drill, DM45 and other associated rotary drills, dozers, graders and so on, used currently in pre-strip and project earthworks.
- The work involves working closely with the planning and reliability teams in devising and formulating regular, preventive maintenance procedures; operational placement procedures; and spare parts supply and procurement/replacement schedules.
- Manage major shutdowns of Field equipment so they are incident free, on time and on budget
- Involved in the execution 'whole of life' maintenance strategies, sponsor continuous improvement processes including maintenance work execution efficiencies, assist with root cause failure analysis, and sponsor reliability program improvements.
- Develop and maintain the annual, equipment life, and mine maintenance budgets, directing the maintenance portion of the mining and project schedules for establishing the long term maintenance plan and associated budgets.
- Supervise, train and mentor local maintenance supervisors, technicians and other assigned staff.
- Establish and maintain successful relationships with suppliers and consultants.
Qualifications and technical competencies
- A minimum of 5 years in a senior maintenance position in mining, construction or petrochemical or heavy industrial role working with large scale mining or earthmoving equipment.
- Familiarity with maintenance of electric rope shovels and ultra-class electric drills is a necessity.
- Full experience with preventative maintenance and reliability programs.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- Good verbal and written skills to facilitate information transfer both upwards and downwards in direction.
- Knowledge of MS Office especially Word and Excel.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, to take ownership of their area, and being prepared to work unsocial hours as required.
- Leadership capabilities and able to work with local teams, ability to train, teach and mentor national staff.
- Bilingual abilities (Spanish and English) will be advantageous.
- Able to work effectively in a multinational and multicultural environment.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now