Process Superintendent - Hydro/Leach
Requisition Number: 501698
Contract Type: On-going
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Our culture thrives on a ‘can-do’ attitude, hard work and determination. We have a flexible, responsive, dynamic business structure that focuses on being action-orientated and results driven. FQMAN people contribute directly to the success of the company and their own future.
This residential position reports to the Plant Manager and leads the team in the complex and technically challenging Hydromet/Leach area. The Hydromet/Leach area consists of high pressure leaching autoclaves, atmospheric leach, counter current decantation and participation.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Developing the FQM Culture within your team
- Developing close working relationships with the Maintenance Superintendent and the Maintenance Team in delivering effective area maintenance
- Developing close working relationships with the Chief Metallurgist and Process Engineers/Metallurgists to help maintain plant monitoring
- Ensuring that the area management philosophy is in line with corporate direction (eg. the FQM way) and site strategies, policies and procedures
- Being accountable for safe access to plant and equipment in the area through the permit/isolation systems; accountable for targeted improvements in the system to improve the timeliness of maintenance delivery whilst maintaining the safety intent.
- Development of area operating budgets and subsequent control, management and reporting of costs against these budgets.
- Delivery of cost reduction and optimization initiatives
- Leadership by example, manage and promote working relationships with the other plant process areas.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar Process Superintendent role
- Minimum of 10 years industry experience in production/operations type roles – specific with high pressure leaching and/or acid leaching
- Specific experience with hydrometallurgical unit operations including precipitation, thickening and filtration
- Process Engineering qualifications in either Chemical/Process Engineering or Metallurgy
- Management qualifications (Diploma, MBA) would also be highly regarded
- A valid WA manual driver’s licence
- The ability to pass a pre-employment medical and drug and alcohol testing
This is a full time permanent day shift role working a Monday to Friday roster. The successful candidate will be required to relocate to the idyllic coastal community of Hopetoun/Ravensthorpe WA. Subsidised company accommodation will be provided and a relocation package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Applications from agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Short listing for this position will begin immediately.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this position.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
share-text="Share this:" more-text="More" links="facebook,twitter,myspace,linkedin,email" }