Auto Electrical Coordinator (Maintenance)
Requisition Number: 501706
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama
Categories: Engineering, Mining
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Investigate, diagnose and perform trade related maintenance and repair of equipment and machinery according to maintenance requirements.
- Attend to defects raised on pre-start reports, breakdown sheets and over-inspection reports.
- Perform equipment over-inspection on work done by apprentices and operatives where appropriate and provide feedback and guidance as required.
- Report all defects and breakdowns on equipment and machinery to the foreman.
- Provide relevant feedback to the foreman and co-workers regarding equipment performance and conditions.
- Develop, modify, construct and install related equipment required for the safe operation of all equipment within area of responsibility.
- Ensure availability of machinery.
- Identify spares requirements and order according to departmental procedure.
- Communicate with clients and supervisors to inform on maintenance activities performed and availability of equipment.
- Adhere to policies and procedures.
- Perform all functions included in the above duties and responsibilities with due regard to the health, safety and the environment.
- Willing to work overtime, standby, shifts and Contops when required.
- Grade 12/N3
- Recognised Auto Electrical Trade Certificate through a recognised apprenticeship
- Valid driver’s license
- Underground experience will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 3 years previous experience in the auto electrical field is essential
- Good verbal and written communication in English
- Independent, proactive thinker and have the ability to do own job planning
- Maintain sound budget control
- Knowledgeable of have practical experience in Engineering technologies and practices
- Analytical with attention to detail
- Excellent troubleshooting and fault finding skills
- Excellent hands-on knowledge of electrical and electronic systems
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now