Requisition Number: 501823
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi)
Categories: Procurement and Logistics, Services
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. is an established and growing mining and metals company currently operating four mines and developing projects worldwide. Our aim is to become a globally diversified mining and metals company.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We currently produce copper cathode, copper in concentrate, nickel, gold and sulphuric acid.
First Quantum’s current operations are the Kansanshi copper-gold mine in Zambia, the Guelb Moghrein copper-gold mine in Mauritania, the Kevitsa nickel-copper-PGE mine in Finland and the Ravensthorpe nickel-cobalt mine in Australia.
When our current projects are in operation, we expect we will be able to triple our annual copper production capacity and be positioned within the world’s 10 largest copper producers.
Sentinel is the first mine to be developed at the Trident project in the North Western Province of Zambia. The project comprises five large-scale mining licences and significant geological potential exists for expansion of operations, including the Enterprise nickel mine announced in December 2012. First Quantum is investing US$1.725-billion at the Sentinel mine and construction remains on time and on budget. Plant commissioning will commence in mid-2014 and copper production is expected reach 280 - 300,000 tonnes per annum.
- Ensure all goods received are correct and free of damage.
- Ensure the best storage and handling of warehouse goods.
- Ensuring goods received are processed through the system (Pronto).
- Coordinate returns to suppliers of nonconforming goods as per IR procedure.
- Maintaining and keeping record of receiving documentation.
- Notify end users when direct charge goods are received and staged ready for collection
- Maintain and update good received inward report.
- Forwarding of invoices to accounts in a timely manner.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment within all areas of control
- To resolve Receiving queries in a timely manner.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Control and secure inventory; including warehouse equipment (forklift, pallet stacker, Trolley Jacks)
- Grade 12 School Certificate or equivalent
- CIPS Certificate or equivalent
Experience & Skills:
- Team player
- Safety conscience
- Goal oriented
- Required to be on standby
- Required to work overtime when necessary
- Computer literate
- An understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures
Advertised: FLE Daylight Time
Applications close: FLE Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now
share-text="Share this:" more-text="More" links="facebook,twitter,myspace,linkedin,email" }