Shift Coordinator, Electrical
Requisition Number: 501840
Contract Type: On-going
Location: Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi)
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Ensure risks are identified and managed and a safe working environment is maintained.
- Make sure that all people work safe and adhere to the Mine Safety regulations and follow Procedures.
Ensure maintenance activities are conducted in accordance with all statutory obligations.
- Ensure all equipment in the plant is maintained in a safe condition.
- Ensure statutory inspections are completed according to schedule.
- Provide support to the electricians when they encounter difficulties in the work place and give them guidance.
- Will have to work as an electrical artisan when the need arise (Use tools and do the work)
- Continuously improve electrical equipment reliability and availability in order to achieve the set out goals.
- Trade test done in Electrical Engineering field experience in mine site maintenance and installations of new equipment.
Skills & Experience:
- Must be computer literate i.e. MS Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Must have good communication skills in English language with an emphasis on writing skills.
- At least 5 years maintenance engineering experience in the mining/ Mineral processing industry.
- Able to set direction and a self- starter. Able to work semi- autonomously.
- Results driven and pays attention to detail.
- Engages others and develops team to strive towards strategic goals.
- Learns quickly from past experiences and offers guidance to others.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with superiors.
- Good organizer and resource allocator.
- Will have to do stand- by.
Advertised: FLE Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now