Operations Training Supervisor
Requisition Number: 501844
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
Categories: Mining, Operations / General Management
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
The Training Supervisor will be responsible for leading the training team to achieve short term and long term objectives as well as all aspects of training assessments and to plan and schedule all heavy equipment training on a daily and monthly basis. Your duties also include:
- Ensure operators attend all required training and refresher courses.
- Coach and develop local trainers which include on-the-job training and create training materials.
- Organise training activities on a daily and monthly basis.
- Compile monthly reports on training activities within his area of responsibility.
- Responsible for continuous improvement, improving productivity of operators, safe operating procedures and operator evaluations.
- The equipment is P&H 4100 rope shovels, LH T284 ultra class trucks, LH 9350 and 9100 excavators, Cat 777 and 740 trucks, and Cat support equipment.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of the training curriculum, training schedule and safe operating procedures
• Provide the leadership necessary to ensure that employees and contractors adhere to safety and environmental standards in conjunction with the safety and environmental departments
• Deliver simulator training when developed
• Assess qualifications and on-the-job training of all new employees prior to operating heavy mobile equipment
• Perform regular training needs analysis and ensure accurate and comprehensive training records are maintained
• Conduct on-going training, assessment and certification of equipment operators
• Liaise with mine staff, safety and human resources staff and others
• Review operations at the work site to confirm compliance with applicable related regulations and site-specific policies/procedures
• Ensure employees are adequately assessed and trained for their assigned work as well as updating training records
• Perform responsibilities of a management role, complete training reports, documentation, operator development with review and implementation along with in-class training
• Degree qualified Engineer or technical graduated as a Mechanic, Electrical, Industrial Maintenance or similar field.
• Experience working in an open pit mine and a thorough understanding of how Operations works in a mine site.
• 10 years’ experience within the mining industry as a heavy mobile equipment operator and supervisor in an open pit mine.
• 5 years’ experience as a heavy mobile equipment trainer and supervising a team of trainers within the mining sector.
• Train the trainer course advantageous.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Strong leadership ability, collaborative and cooperative team approach
• Strong health & safety work ethic and practices
• It is a prerequisite that applicants hold a drivers license.
• Knowledge of Minestar Mining dispatch systems is desirable.
• Experience in a remote setting and cross-cultural work environment is preferred.
• Must be bilingual in English and Spanish.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now
share-text="Share this:" more-text="More" links="facebook,twitter,myspace,linkedin,email" }