Power Plant Maintenance Millwright (Bolt on)
Requisition Number: 501857
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Site: Cobre Panama - Port Site
Categories: Operations / General Management, Power Plant
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
The Power Plant Maintenance Millwright will report to the Power Plant Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor.
Power Plant Maintenance Millwright duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Perform all duties assigned in a safe and professional manner. Be guided in all work by the precept that safety of personnel and equipment is a top corporate priority.
- Maintain, assemble, install and test machinery and equipment according to approved plant procedures and OEM specifications.
- Dismantle and reassemble process equipment such as pumps, fans, compressors, conveyors, coolers, valves, turbines, hoists, burners, etc.
- Millwright type work such as setting of machinery, coupling and bearing change outs, alignment of machinery.
- Pipefitter type work such as removal and installation of piping, valves, and hangars of various sizes and complexity from small bore PVC up through 16” lined coal piping to 24” heavy wall alloy steel steam piping. Gasket and seal replacement of all types.
- General mechanical work including scaffold erection, machining of less complex mechanical parts, welding of structural steel and plate, insulation and sheet metal work, operation of hoists, man lifts, small cranes and fork lifts, general maintenance of vehicles.
- Assist with work involving certified pipe and tube welders. Study and practice toward goal of attaining and maintaining certified welder status for plant boiler tube and steam piping.
- Assist in maintaining complete equipment files, testing and repair logs, technical references, drawings for all designated equipment.
- Assists with ordering of spare parts, inventory management and forecasting needs for parts and equipment, particularly during planned maintenance outages.
- Assists with investigation of equipment performance problems, troubleshooting, and accident investigation.
- Assists with quality control functions particularly materials receiving inspection, maintenance of weld maps, and alignment records. Monitoring of contractors during major outages and special projects.
- Function as part of plant emergency response team as trained and qualified.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Ability to read technical literature in Spanish and English and read and interpret technical drawings highly preferred. Ability to write legibly preferred.
- 5 years or more satisfactory experience in plant maintenance for heavy industry such as a power plant, refinery, shipyard, or process plant.
- Documented licenses and/or training in welding, scaffold erection, machinery operator, millwright work highly preferred.
- Basic knowledge of electrical and instrumentation work preferred.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to function as a team member respecting the abilities and opinions of others highly preferred.
- Previous extended tours of work in man camp/remote access locations or experience as a field contractor highly preferred.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel a definite plus.
- Spanish working knowledge/fluency required; Basic English communication skills preferred; Working knowledge of Korean preferred.
- Experience working within multi-cultural environments a definite plus.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now