Requisition Number: 501891
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
Categories: Construction, Engineering, Mining, Operations / General Management
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
An experienced person in civils earthworks or mining with the following attributes:
• Able to draw engineering designs to set-out standards in AutoCAD, such as project earthworks, electrical, heavy plant, etc.
• Proficient in designs of roads, drainage and dewatering schemes.
• Able to assist in the specialist design of in-pit crushers, electrical distribution networks.
• Integrity and quality of existing designs, plans and topographical data.
• Scheduling of projects, dependencies, slack, critical paths, Gantt charts.
• Compilation of KPIs and project metrics.
• Project documentation and reporting.
• Change management plans.
• Cost control and budgeting.
• Close liaison with mine planners and surveyors.
Qualifications and technical competencies:
1. A minimum of 5 years as a mining or civils engineer working at a specialist level in a metalliferous open-pit or a heavy earthmoving environment.
2. Excellent knowledge of AutoCAD.
3. A registered project manager’s qualification (PMP, APM) will be highly advantageous.
4. A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline.
5. Good verbal and written skills to facilitate information transfer both upwards and downwards in direction.
6. Knowledge of MS Office especially Word and Excel.
7. Able to work with minimal supervision and to take ownership of their area, being prepared to work unsocial hours as required.
8. Leadership capabilities and able to work with local teams, ability to train, teach and mentor national staff.
9. Some knowledge of Spanish will be advantageous.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now