Senior Human Resources Adviser
Requisition Number: 501898
Contract Type: On-going
Site: Cobre Panama - Mine Site
Categories: Human Resources
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We are currently searching for experienced people to join our world class operation in Panama. Herewith more detailed information about the above-mentioned role:
• Deliver HR service and support to the site.
• Work closely with Department Managers to develop and implement correct policies and processes in line with the agreed strategy, and introduce new initiatives and programs – onboarding, recruitment, compensation, transfers, development, discipline, time keeping
• Provide ongoing coaching and counselling to managers for the effective management of their people
• Give advice on business structure, workforce planning and retention programs
• Ensure timely delivery of accurate data
• Manage and maintain employee data via the HRIS
• Provide market research / data on compensation, labour supply and demand, benefits and retention programs
• Develop and support the implementation of processes that support your allocated departments to meet their required levels of effectiveness and productivity
Qualifications and experience:
• Bi lingual
• Tertiary qualification in Human Resources, Psychology, Business Administration or related field.
• 5 - 8 years’ experience in a broad HR generalist role.
• Prior experience of working with unions and collective agreements
• Demonstrated broad HR generalist experience with interpreting the Panamanian Labour Code, operating in an industrial setting, developing and implementing an agenda focused on productivity and performance
Critical interpersonal skills:
• Accepts responsibility.
• Strong judgement and analysis skills
• Takes the initiative.
• Identifies customer needs.
• Creates value.
• Clearly conveys ideas, information, and requests in writing.
• Speaks clearly and expresses ideas well in groups and one-to-one.
• Actively listens and confirms understanding of the comments, questions and instructions of others.
• Recognises and responds appropriately to abnormal conditions or situations.
• Understands when it is appropriate to change established procedures in order to work more effectively.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now